Friday, July 18, 2008

A few random thoughts . . .

Greetings to all! All signs suggest we have most certainly locked into our Minnesota summer groove. Roadscapes throughout our lake-splashed county are views of lush green woods and waves of maturing corn, beans, and wheat. Blue skies and glistening water treat travelers with unrivaled splendor.

Another sign I notice of summer's advance is the staggering number of raccoons found 'sleeping' along our roadways. (As parents are prone to do, we used to shield our kids from the crushing realities of road-killed critters with this 'sleeping' reference.) In any event, raccoons do not fair as well in road-crossing as do chickens. But in the raccoon's defense, I have never, ever observed a chicken crossing the road - nor have I ever wondered why a chicken would want to cross a road . . .

Along with sleeping raccoons, I have noticed a good many turtles smacked prone on the asphalt. I ask myself, 'How is it that turtles are forever being hit on our roads?' It is not like they are able to jump out in front of speeding vehicles. It is only a theory of mine but if there is some evolutionary process at play enabling creatures to become more adaptive it has certainly overlooked the turtle. If turtles were evolving to their environment their upper shells would have taken on the form and color of blaze-orange safety cones long ago.

So, what does any of this ramble have to do with real estate? Not a darn thing! I'm just settled back on my patio pondering random thoughts whilst I enjoy some of the most alluring weather and fixating waterscapes on the planet. Minnesota - land of 10,000 lakes . . . and inspiration for my finest dreaming. Till next time -

Jon Drews, Associate Broker with Century 21 Vista
www.SearchFergusFalls.com

No comments: